From:
George Parmenter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:27:51 -0500
Hello Group,
I accept my comeuppins, and thank you for your indulgence of my
inexperience. What I feared were cmos problems were indeed (as Mr. Meagher
& Mr.Wulfman suggested), nothing more than the effect of having one of the
cables connected upside down. Being new and never having changed the cmos
battery before I was sure my problems were the result of having missed
writing some of the settings down. I panicked and called for help. I
subscribe to this list, read the messages and try to learn as much as I can
without interfering. I appreciate the existence and quality of the dialog
and thank you for your help.
George

At 04:35 PM 2/10/01 -0500, you wrote:
>George,
>
>Your problem is not in the CMOS settings.
>
>Most likely, you did not reconnect the cables correctly
>for your drives.  Or you "bumped" them loose while
>you were changing the battery.
>
>Any time you open the case, a good timesaver is
>to ALWAYS....ALWAYS check EVERY wire
>and cable and make sure they are plugged in good
>and tight _before_ you put the cover back on.
>
>Even if you didn't "do anything" with that particular
>piece of hardware, it is very easy to nudge a
>cable.
>
>Jim Meagher

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml