From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 16:27:37 -0400
At 12:44 4/4/99 -0400, Darren Page wrote:
>has anyone heard of or tried running dual celerons? I want a dedicated
>server for my cable internet connection, my home network, and possibly to
>run a file and print server, ftp server, and a gaming server (I wont be
>running the ftp and gaming servers at the same time). I can get the m/b for
>about half of the price that it sells for new, and I can get a celeron 333's
>for about 100$ cdn. I won't need strong video, so the only thing left would
>be a scsi hard drive (which I can also get second hand-my co-worker has a
>few between 4-8 gigs to sell). I already have an ATX case along with 128
>megs of PC100 ram, and an ethernet NIC. I can buy a new cd-rom drive
>relatively inexpensively. Does this sound like a viable setup, and can
>celeron's run on a dual m/b?

There are companies now selling socket 370 to Slot One adaptors
for about $15 (US$) with a switch on the adaptor that will allow
use of two PPGA Celerons to work as dual processors. (You need
two adaptors of course for the two Celerons.)

You might consider getting 300a socketed Celerons and trying to run
them at 450 MHz. (You'd need a motherboard capable of 100 MHz.)

Regards,
Bill

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com