From:
Kenneth Whyman SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:14:36 -0700
Some of the eMachines utilities that depend on matching hardware and
drivers might not be very happy with the change, even with proper
drivers in place. Certain hardware features might not exist on the new
board, or there may be newer functions that the eMachines software
bundle may have trouble using or coping with. Such are the perils of
making an OEM installation deal with drastic changes to the hardware. A
retail copy of Windows is a little less susceptible, but still can
generate strange behavior when the circumstances are just wrong enough.
Graphics drivers are a big sticking point, followed closely behind by
the AMD processor driver not liking Intel CPU's and vice versa. A wipe
and restore is sometimes all that will save the computer if things are
crossed up enough. The best solution (if you can get your shop to play
ball) is to get a proper eMachines motherboard back under the hood, with
a wipe and restore resrved for if things are still tweaked from the
hardware changes back and forth. This solution keeps your factory
restore discs working as they should. Anything else could eventually
call for a fresh copy of Windows before things shake out for the better.
Best wishes. :)

P.S. An HP BIOS will only run properly on an HP motherboard. Anything
else for BIOS code will most likely turn that mainboard into an
expensive paperweight. Motherboards are that picky.