From:
Bob Thrasher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:26:32 -0500
At 08:51 AM 9/23/98 , you wrote:
>I have to give a speech explaining the difference between disk
>space and Ram memory. While I understand this topic, I have not
>yet come up with an explanation that my 13 year old daughter can
>grasp.
>Does anyone have an easy to understand analogy for how ram works?

Elizabeth, perhaps you could use this analogy.

The human brain has a CPU at its core and the rest is the RAM.
The ram holds the operating system in memory and has the things
recently used. Like memorizing the Gettysburg Address. Later in
life you have to go to the Library = hard disk to find it.

Maybe you can expand on this line of thought.

Good Luck

Bob Thrasher

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**