From:
Frank Weisgerber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:19:27 -0500
I need some serious help before I throw this PC out the window.  Background, I built this PC with motherboard, Sound Card, Video Card and NIC along with other periphs..Specs are as follows:
K7S5A motherboard
AMD Ath. XP 1500+
512mb + 256mb pc133 ram chips
266 FSB
sound card: Sound Blaster Live! Value
video card: ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 7500 64mb
NIC: Linksys LNE 100TX version 4
I also have a DVD player and a CDRW drive.
USB port houses an ATI remote Wonder radio frequency controller for my remote control device for the video playback and TV.

Here's my issue:  When I play video games or even when I am on desktop running normal functions such as clean up, my pc freezes leaving me no choice but to reset.  Most of this happens during video features.  I have installed all ATI recommended drivers and updates, Sound card same and ethernet.  I am not technical enough to do anything with bios or flashing and do not know if that is the case.  I had microsoft tell me that my expansion cards (sound,video,ethernet) are all sharing the same IRQ's and my motherboard or XP doesn't allow me to separate.  I'm not even sure if that's the problem.
Here are the IRQ's
5-All in Wonder
5-Linksys card
5-SiS 7001 PCI to USB open host controller
11-Creative Sound Blaster card
11-SiS 7001 PCI to USB open host controller
11-SiS 7012 Audio Driver.

In case you're wondering, I have (2) USB ports.  One unused and the other is the remote control device mentioned above.
Again, I am frustrated and I'm about to buy a new motherboard and Sound Card and possibly everything else new.  I've asked around and even check Direct X diagnostics and everything on my PC and device manager reads everything o.k..  Please advise on what I need to do.
Thanks for your time and help,
Frank

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com