From:
Al Bayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:58:51 -0600
I have a Systemax PC and have not added any hardware.  Recently I was
trying to download some software overnight and it was still hanging in
the morning.  I completely turned the Computer off and over a few days
my PC had trouble booting.  Now it does not boot at all.  I turn the
machine on, it is getting power, the hard drive seems to start searching
for the operating system, and it does nothing.  My monitor shows no
indication of the PC loading Win 98 or anything for that matter but it
is working.  I tried to boot from the floppy drive although the system
upon boot does not check this drive for an operating system although it
has in the past???

My guess is that I need to reset the CMOS (I am pretty good with PC's,
at least I think I am) but cannot find the jumper on the Motherboard.
Systemax support is only available if I am under warranty and I am not.
Their only other option is a very expensive pay by the minute option.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Al

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: