From:
"Susan S. Hays" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 22:09:45 EDT
---------original message-----------
> I have a 56K Telepath x2 modem.  Until last week, my modem was connecting
> pretty consistently at 49,333.  Now, however, my best connection speed is
> 28,800.  Would I benefit at all by reinstalling the driver?  Any other
> troubleshooting I can do?  What is the lifespan of a modem?  My
> computer was
> purchased in April, 1998.

It may help but I doubt it, no harm in trying though. My guess is the line
you are connecting too has stopped supporting X2 and now only supports V.90.
It is possible you modem can be upgraded to V.90 as well, you will have to
contact the manufacturer for that.

My Gateway at work also has a telepath x2 modem.  I am connecting with the
same number as here at home.  No problems at work, just at home.  By line, do
you mean phone number used for connection or actual telephone line to the
phone?

Thank you,
Susan Hays

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions