From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 13:40:04 -0400
Susan,

When the phone company added a second line, they probably installed a
digital splitter, instead of a second physical line, which cut your phone
line bandwidth in half. This happened to my sister and she called them back
and told them she wanted a second physical phone line run to her house for
her second phone line. When they did this, her connect speed went back up in
the high 48k range. It might be worth a try for you to call and tell them
the same thing.

Dennis Thiel

> "Susan S. Hays" wrote:
> >
> > Could someone please tell me which is faster and more reliable, DSL or
> > Satelite?  DSL is not yet available in my area, but Satelite is.  I live
in
> > the country, if that makes any difference.  My phone line is currently
> > connecting at 28,800 and I have a 56K modem.  I was connecting much
faster
> > until I added a second phoneline.  I have called the phone company
several
> > times and of course, they say that nothing is wrong with my line.  So
I've