From:
Larry Atlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:41:23 -0600
>         I have been trying, unsuccessfully to find a driver for a soundcard.  The
> main chip is a CS4231A-KL.  If it helps, there is a smaller chip on the
> card that is an OPTi82C924.
>
>         I've been to CIRRUS.COM (The chip manufacturer (Crystal Semiconductor))
> and found a little info, but no driver.  I don't know the manufacturer of
> the actual card, and don't have it in front of me to give any further
> details.  I searched the Internet for a while, and only found that I'm not
> the only one having problems finding this driver.

Was this card originally installed in the PC or added later?  Is this a
PC from a major manufacturer that you might contact?  Is there an FCC ID
number on the card?  If so, what is it?  Is there ANYthing that may be a
model number silkscreened on or taped to the card?  Do you need a driver
for DOS, Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows 98, other?  Without knowing
the manufacturer it would be difficult to find a driver that fits
properly with that specific card.  With more info, we may be able to
help.  Sorry.

--
Larry Atlow                          Internet:[log in to unmask]
Microcomputer Analyst                Phonenet: (601) 264-9639

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]