From:
Dan Grasley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 20:49:13 EDT
Hi, lately, I have been having a problem with my computer.  It will reboot
for no particular reason at all.  I'll be surfing the net or something and
BAM!  it reboots.  Here's what I have in my machine:
AMD K62-400, 128 MB PC100 RAM, Matsonic MS620S Motherboard, 8MB PCI S3 Virge
video card, Sound Blaster AWE 64 sound card.  I used to have a Creative
Blaster Banshee 16MB AGP video card, but for some reason the memory on the
card died.  I've swapped power supplies, tried placing the video card in a
different PCI slot, tried different memory...nothing seems to work.  Also,
if I shut my computer off, then attempt to turn it back on, nothing but the
test pattern comes up on the monitor.  The machine IS on but does not give
any indication that it has even went through POST (I don't hear the initial
beep).  The monitor (KDS Avitron 15" .25dpi) works fine on other machines.
Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance.  Dan G.