From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:53:05 -0500
OPTI are sold through Ingram Micro, my main source.  While that is not a
bullet proof endorsement, Ingram Micro does a pretty good job of picking
reliable suppliers, so I am willing to try their recommendations.

It depends on what you want the UPS to do, really.  To eliminate annoying
power outages and protect a modest investment, I would be happy to use any
inexpensive UPS, and particularly the OPTI.

For mission critical servers / workstations / phone pbx / security alarm /
voicemail / etc, I trust only a high end UPS.  We use a long life ups for
the phones, and a high capacity for the main server rack.  The phone unit
tries to keep the phones working for as long as possible (up to 8 hours)
while the rack mounted battery starts an immediate automated shutdown when
power is lost.  You got to fit the UPS to your needs.
Tom Turak