From:
Ron Garrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 23:20:14 -0400
My visioneer 7600 USB Scanner began giving me problems after working perfectly.
My system is a Cyrix M2 166 MHZ, Win98 2E with plenty of hard disk space.
The scanned images turn out very dark and the subsequent printed copies are
unreadable.  The problem manifests itself with a magenta hue around the scanned
image whether the image is color or black and white.  I have done what the
Visioneer tech tips suggest with no improvement.  I have elected to remove the
hardware and software and reinstall it from scratch.  However, in the control
panel there is a scanner icon and if you click it a window appears with choices
for scanning, faxing, copying and custom just as there is on the scanner itself.
I assumed that I had removed all the software but I can find no reference to this
software on the hard disk.  I would like to remove this icon and the associated
software so that I may try a clean install.  Could someone advise me how to
remove an icon from the control panel.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ron

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>