From:
"Stephen J. Link" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 21:12:00 -0500
I had a problem similar to this.  The problem turned out to be the monitor.
I had a 14" clone monitor with a 1 meg PCI video and couldn't get 800x600
but got 1024x768 okay.  I switched to an IBM 15" monitor and had the same
problems.  I now have an NEC Multisync 15" with the same video card and am
running fine at 800x600x1M.