From:
"Richard T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 13:23:41 -0400
Joan:
First off, he'll need an I.S.P. with national presence, and lots of dial-up
points..Although we all like to "dis" AOL, they have the most and the
configuration is really simple,as is their other company,CompuServe.
 Prodigy Internet has many points, also. Att, Earthlink and several others
have many points, but not nearly as much coverage as the afforementioned.
 Re: Digital Cameras, the Sony Mavica is the simplest, as it records right
onto a floppy, thereby pypassing the memory card and the need to download
same. If resolution is not a big issue, you can get away with the FD-7 for
around $500.
If you need megapixel resolution, you have to get one of their better
models.
  Re The laptop: Make sure the one you get has the built in floppy drive as
the ones which you have to connect externally become a bigger hassle than
the few ounces in weight you save, especially since you end up bringing them
along, anyway! You will need a cellular modem as well.
This is my opinion.
Good Luck!
Rich Tabas