From:
Russell Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:00:00 -0500
Julius Militante wrote:
  For some reason (my
> fumbling around with the a Disk cleaning program?), the modem stopped
> working.  After snooping around the control panel, I just decided to take
> out the card, delete the modem from the device manager dialogue, and
> reinstall as new hardware using the 'add hardware' in the control panel.
> Windows found no new hardware.
> What am I missing in trying to get this modem to work?  Thanks in advance.

   Perhaps you need to reenable 32-bit PCMCIA card support. Go to Help
and type in:32-bit
Follow the directions for enabling support. Of course you will also need
the correct modem driver. Look on the card and download the proper
driver and keep it on the hard drive.

Later,

Russell Smith
Edtech Consultant, Journalist