From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 10:47:08 -0700
At 02:55 PM 3/20/98 -0800, you wrote:
>My problem is that I try to dail out and I get a message sayings that it
>can't find the modem, turn the modem on. I deleted the modem in System
>device and let win95 find it.  It is using com3 but I can't dail out...I
>Get no dail tone. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

This can be problematic...  if the system is putting the modem on Com3
it maybe conflicting with your mouse on Com1, (assuming you have a
mouse on Com1).  Com1 & Com3 tend to use the same IRQ.

1)  You should be sure that Com2 is turned off in your CMOS settings.

2)  You should check to see if your modem is plug N play or if it has
    jumper settings on the card...  if so, set the card to Com2 / IRQ3.

3)  Remove all drivers in the System Icon of Control panel for modems.

4)  Reinstall the driver for your modem and manaully configure it for
     Com2 or Com4 if the modem is being difficult about upper level
     Com ports (com1 & com2).

This is one of the hardest issues to configure with many modems.  I have
struggled and reinstalled the driver four or five times before the sytem
would accept the modem on Com2 at times.  You just need to be patient
and keep after it.

   Bob