From:
"Hahnel, Winfried (W.A.)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 08:54:55 -0400
Thanks for the reply to this, "ultra".  Yes you are correct in the
comparisons made between SCSI and IDE.  The CDROM I used was an external
unit that used a SCSI card in the computer.  In all honesty, I never
considered this to be reason that I could make it work on a 486.  My
comparison therefore is probably not true for an IDE on a 486.  I think we
may have drifted on this subject a bit, but I'm sure that the SCSI drive
made all the difference in using a CD burner on a 486.  As far my advice for
closing programs down, the computer should run OK by only leaving "EXPLORER"
and "SYSTRAY" available.  I have always done this when burning a CD and I
never use the computer for anything else during the burn.

Regards,
Fred Hahnel