From:
Dean Riddle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 19:17:22 -0800
>The problem is I don't have a machine that can use 72-pin SIMMs and I'd
>like to exchange them with someone else. Without knowing the exact size, I
>cannot do it.
>
>I guess there is no way to tell the size by the appearance of the SIMMs.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Changhsu Liu

Changsu:
Yes there is a way to tell the size of the simms by looking at them. Try
reading the article at this site:

http://www8.zdnet.com/pcmag/pclabs/solution/hw1506c.htm

Sorry it's not linked (talk to qualcomm), you can copy and paste it into
your browser. If you're like me and you still have trouble after reading
this article, try the computer show this weekend in Oakland or Santa Rosa.
Most of the vendors can look at your simms and tell you what size they are,
some of them have machines that will test them also, and will check them
for you if you ask nicely. Or try your favorite computer store.
hth, Dean

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html