Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 00:45:09 GMT
 Guys and Gals,

For sometime I've had a problem with crashes and have followed through on
the
several suggestions I've received.  The machine (900MHz AMD processor,
Windows
Me, 256 Mb Ram) lockes up after varying periods of time.  Occasionally it
will
run OK for hours and at other times it locks after only a few minutes - even
when rebooting after the previous lockup.  I have Nortons A-V 2004 up and
running and regularly use both SpyBot and AdAware for spyware and adware.

Recently, it has started not booting at all, but after "resting" for
some time it'll restart.  One clue - when it starts OK I see the A Drive
light
blink followed by the E, F, and G drives (Zip and 2 CDs)and the HD Drive
light
stays on only briefly.  However, when it's in its non-start mode the A Drive
light never comes on and the HD Drive light stays on for a much longer
period of
time - like 20 seconds.

I've checked the internal fan, found it mildly dust-covered, but have
cleaned it
as well as the heat sink radiators.  All connections seem tight.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Lewis C. Emerson
Oak Ridge, TN

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml