From:
"Darren K. Page" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 16:36:18 -0400
FYI: I use wingate on an NT 4.0 and win 98 peer to peer cable modem network.
To set up IE5, I entered the proxy IP address as well as the port (80).
In the network setup, I only have to enter the DNS settings with NO
gateways.

And yes, you will have to set up every different internet app to work
through the proxy (e.g. I use Seti, Norton LiveUpdate, WinAmp (for the CDDB)
and ICQ, all of which needed to be set up separately).

I have been using this setup for about three years with no problems.

If you require more help or insight (even if I am using wingate) just ask.

Darren K. Page
Montreal, Qc

On the Client I went to Network....TCP/IP for the adaptor card....Gateway
and put the LAN address for the Sygate server

I then went into IE5...Internet Tools and in Internet Connections I
selected never dial ...use proxy server... and for the proxy address put
the same address I used for the Gateway.....I have tried leaving the port
blank ....and  then putting 80 in the Port address. When this didn't work I
went into TCP/IP for the adaptor card...enabled DNS address on the client
in   DNS configuration...I then put the host name and added the gateway
address.
However I still can't get online from the client.

What am I doing wrong?

Will I have to separately configure EVERY Internet application on the
client to use the proxy server ??

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org