From:
Dave Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:06:52 +1300
I've found that when I'm using Norton's Anti Virus and I've powered it down
for    some reason i.e. doing cd burning, that when I go to shut down my
puter it stalls at the "windows is shutting down screen". My guess is that
if your problem isn't caused by your anti-virus software it will be some
other programme sitting in the background. I noticed you made the comment
about your problem happening "lately". Try to remember if you've installed
any new software on your puter lately.

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html