From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 05:11:16 -0600
I have seen systems that were built by other vendors that use "Pro" type
generic chipsets and this is just how some of these systems run. Often they
are very picky about the memory, CPU and peripherals that are used with
them. Often the blue screen is caused by memory problems or
incompatabilities. If possibly, you might try to find the website of the MB
Mfg and see if they offer an updated BIOS and or Driver. If you install a
new BIOS, be very carefull and follow the directions exactly as given or you
could convert your MB into a paper weight.

I am not sure why they have these problems however I feel that it is
probably because most products are designed to function with a standard
chipset. I rarely see this type of problem with Intel or VIA chipset MBs. I
agree with the other person who stated that you should contact the Co. or
Person who sold you this unit if at all possible.

Dennis Noble
Computer Parts & Upgrades
http://www.computersalacarte.com

 >        I have a Cyrix 266 on a TX Pro II motherboard, 32 megs of EDO
>RAM, 3.2 gig
>HD, onboard video and sound, Windows 95.
>        So far I am averaging about 3 or 4 fatal "Blue Screen of
>Death" crashes a
>day.  I bought it as a second computer for my kids to play games on.
>So
>far we have not installed anything that would push the hardware
>limits.......no accelerated 3D games or the like.  Most of the stuff
>has
>been educational games like Oregon Trail, Carmen Sandiego, Kid Pix,
>etc......       Nothing I have tried so far has been able to keep the
system
>from
>crashing.  And we are not just talking crash and reboot.......we are
>talking crash, lock up, destroy Windows drivers files, refuse to
>reboot...        I have reloaded the OS on this machine 5 times (including
2>total>reformats of drive C...starting right from scratch).......and now
>today
>it has crashed and burned again and I am going to have to do a>complete
>reload again.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html