From:
Wayne Copeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:44:54 -0500
To a point I'll agree with you, Mr. Mackay.  The firewall router
will help in keeping the bad guys out.  However, if your PC is or
gets infected with something, it may not do much of a job of
notifying you your computer has a problem.  I like Zone Alarm since
it lets me know what applications are sending data out.  When it
comes to security there is no one solution - you need several
products for the most complete solution.

- Wayne Copeland

Get an SMC Barricade router with built-in firewall, bag ZoneAlarm,
and all
will be well. I have 7 boxes running off one cable modem, no
problem, and
the firewall keeps the bad guys out.

See:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2