From:
Bob Trout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:43:37 -0400
I recently installed a wireless network within my home which connects one pc via wireless and two others using CAT 5 cabling.  Ever since this installation, none of the computers have been able to view streaming video nor listen to streaming audio for any longer than one to four minutes per session without stalling and giving an indication that the connection has been dropped.  If I wait long enough, a connection is sometimes re-established and another "chunk" of data is brought in, viewed/listened to and subsequently stops again.  This happens with RealAudio, Windows Media Player or any other player.  In addition, large file downloads or a significantly high number of email messages from my POP 3 server, in like manner, are "stalled" in the middle of their download and must be re-accessed in order to get the remainder of the file/emails.  If I connect any of the computers directly to my broadband modem, I have no trouble whatsoever.  Firewalls have been verified with proper permissions.  Since I am a novice at networking, I am not certain as to whether or not I have overlooked an option setting or whatever.  Has anyone ever experienced this type of problem when installing a network?  Any help would be appreciated.  I am new to this maillist and I hope this enquiry is relevant to the objectives of the list.  I would appreciate any suggestions - Thank you.

Bob Trout

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml