Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:02:42 +0000
Jerol,
I'd believe that reseating the cord to the PSU, to get your system up and
running, your PSU is at fault.
You maybe be getting the voltage to start up; but is the PSU supplying the
required wattages, to run your PC?
The testing of the PSU will cost the same as a replacement.
This is the most overlooked component in diagnostic tracking, even with a good
UPS or a really great surge protector, the PSU is the last line of defense
before your MB.
The perfect US electric feed is 110V@60Hz, but that never happens. With spikes,
both up and down voltage and your home appliances creating surges, the lowly PSU
has a lot of work to make your PC run happlily.
Make this your next diagnostic, before thinking MB.

Tim

From: Jerol <[log in to unmask]>
> I have a problem that is strange. Turn on computer and no post. Turn off
> computer and disconnect power then turn on computer and it starts. This has
> happened for a week. Now I can get nothing. The HD spins, the fan runs, the
> power light is on but no Beep for post and no startup. I have stripped it down
> and reset CMOS checked all the components including the keyboard and monitor
on
> another computer and all works fine. Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Computer Description   Home Made in 2003 NEC ATX case
> Motherboard  Aopen AX34-U
> Processor Intel Celeron 1.1AGHz , FC-PGA2, MfgSKU:BX80530f1100256
> DIMM memory Kingston 512MB PC133 168 Pin
> Hard Drive Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 8 6E030L0 30GB ATA/133 7200RPM
> Toshiba SD-R1512 DVD 16x + CD-RW 48x24x48 Combo Drive
> Creative Lab Optical Mouse and PS/2 mouse  NEC Standard 101/102 Keyboard
> Video Capture Card ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500 AGP
> Modem: Best Data 56FWPCI
> Ethernet: Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI FAST ETHERNET. NIC
> Operating System Windows XP professional
> Chipset:  VIA Apollo Pro 133T
>

>         The NOSPIN Group has added a new feature on our website,
>            web based bulletinboard for questions and answers:
>               Visit our sister website at http://nospin.com

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml