From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 19:28:41 -0700
On 9 Aug 2003, at 16:37, Tim Gauldin wrote:

> I just added a Intel Pro 10/100 pci nic card. I have 3 PCI slots with my
> Nvida GeForce card in teh first slot and the ethernet card in teh second
> slot. The third is empty. Now when I attempt to burn a cd using nero
> software I get an "out of memory error". I equaled out the virtual memory
> already trying to correct this . Anyone have any idea what else this
> could be. I am running ME with 256 Ram. I have a 40 gig hard drive and a
> 1 ghz celeron processor in a Intel motherboard.

  "Equalled out"?  I don't know what that means, but I think that's likely
where you've introduced the problem....

  [If virtual memory is enabled (which is normal and recommended!), every
memory allocation by an application includes an allocation of virtual memory
as well.  The result is that it can fail with an "Out of memory" error if
the allocation of the virtual memory fails, even if sufficient real RAM is
available.]

David Gillett