From:
Tony Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 14:18:09 -0800
It sounds to me like your linux distro isn't compatible with that
particular set-up.   You should see if there's a different build you could
get your hands on to see if it works.  You should probably be searcching
the linux forums/newsgroups on this one.

Tony Mayer
Sysop
The Magic FunHouse BBS
http://bbs.magicom.net

>Sure hope someone here can help?  I just got the VIA Epia 5000 mini-itx
>board.  I thought I was home-free when I got into the BIOS screen first
>time, checked through it all to see the defaults, etc...Then I hooked up
>my CD-ROM to boot into Knoppix Linux (I didn't want to do a HD install
>yet- just testing the board & memory).
>
>I get the Knoppix "splash screen" but then the display goes black.  I have
>activity on the ROM drive, as if it's zipping right along (Knoppix is
>"live" & runs from the CD)- but no display.
>
>In the BIOS, I originally had "1st init display" at "PCI slot"- I tried
>changing that to "AGP"- no go.  The only other setting that's related is
>"assign irq for VGA" which is set to enable.
>
>IS there anyone here familiar either with Knoppix/EPIA mini-itx, or
>getting onboard vid. to run?  Am I correct to assume that the fact that I
>see the splash screen means the video works?  Or is this wrong?  When I
>search Google or VIA's site- all I get is how to "disable" the onboard
>vid.- nothing on how to get it to work.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Lynn T

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,