From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:46:16 -0800
The problem is not in FAT 32, but in the conversion. Your FAT 16 was unable
to support larger partitions, so you had a smaller one defined. When you
converted to FAT 32, the capability for larger partitions was there, but the
original definition of the partition remained. To change the partition
without losing your data is what Partition Magic or Ranish Partition Manager
are all about. Note that any dynamic repartitioning does carry some risk of
data loss.

Peter
[log in to unmask] - http://gocolumbia.org/pesh

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: