From:
Ray Pamment <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 23:18:40 EST
Hi all
Could someone please help me?
I have just purchased a new Pine 64meg nvidia geforce2 mx400 (excalibur)
graphics card.
I cannot get the computer to load windows other than in safe mode.
I have installed the card into the agp slot & it is seated correctly in my
system. Which is a
Abit KT7A-RAID Motherboard
with an  AMD athlon 1.gig cpu
1 gig pc133  ram ( I have changed the system.ini setting to  a lower Max as
sugested for higher ram systems)
40gig Maxtor H\Drive
2x 52 speed cd cd roms
1x cd re-writer
1x dvd rom
running windows 98 version 4.10

I have followed the instructions to uninstall my old graphics cards and then
the instructions to install the new ones drivers.
But I cannot get the computer to run windows properly other than in safe mode
at 16 colours. the computer reboots itself at the same point when I reinstall
the graphics card.
From the bootlog.txt I see these 3 lines at the end from a failed boot
attempt:
Init=TSRQuerry
InitDone=TSRQuerry
[0003FDE7] vdd: [0003FDE8] Cant start TheVGA, after Init complete. [0003FDE8}

Any ideas anyone?
I have tried all the latest drivers  I could find for the Mobo,  the 4in1 via
chipset and the Graphics card.
Ray Pamment
West Sussex UK