From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 17:15:29 -0600
Harold;
 I just got through hassling with this problem on a
 VXPRO Pcchips board and 100 pent. I set up for a lady.
   She had a 212mb Maxtor and an old 114mb. At first they installed
 with no dos compatibility then when I installed the cdrom,
 I had problems.  Had yellow exclamation marks on the standard dual
harddrive controller. But no conflicts.

  After trying everything,including removing the PCI bus,and changing
harddrive drivers, putting the
cdrom on the soundcard.
 I reinstalled Win95 osr2.1, and the Dos comp. problem was gone.
 Must have been a corrupt harddrive controller driver.
 Or windows may have just properly "plugged and prayed" the hardware.

 HTH;