From:
Roy Wardrip <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:27:11 -0600
From the IBM Aptiva Hardware Handbook (Aptiva Model 2168)

To remove the system unit cover:
Remove the 2 screws.
Slide the cover forward holding the handle on top of the case with one
hand while holding the base of the unit with the other.(From personal
experence it's sometimes a little difficult to get the case started, on
mine anyway, its a pretty tight fit.)

Important: To prevent electrostatic charge from damaging any part of
your computer, touch the computer's bare metal frame before you unplug
the system unit, or wear an antistatic wrist strap while making hardware
changes.

HTH
Roy Wardrip

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html