From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:14:39 -0500
See Dave's answer...
I wanted to do this around 1994 and got some specs and
advise from Dell.   On that MB, the wires were polarized.
It did not make any difference when hooked to a actual
speaker, but it would not have been good to hook up
backwards on my soundcard.
Since soundcards (with a CD-Rom attached) were very
expensive back then, I did not proceed.
            Good luck.      Rick Glazier