From:
"gary r. tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:00:09 -0700
  What were the results of your boot sector virus scan?  Don't use the one
that comes with DOS, it isn't reliable at detecting boot sector virii.

Something is blocking out your lower memory and that is *exactly* what a
boot sector virus is best at doing.  Format all you want, the virus will
stay.  So many incompetent vendors have replaced infected drives with new
ones and have said, 'aha! I knew it was a bad drive!'  when all along, it
was a virus!

I make a habit when I receive a computer for repair or upgrade to ALWAYS
scan FIRST.

gary r. tennesen

                                  -----