From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:08:48 -0700
First let me thank those who responded to my new InkJet Printer  questions.

  I have focused on two models... a Epson 760 or a Lenmark Z52. Both of
these retail at discount at 150 to 170.  Reviewers like both of these and
while the Z52 is a new model, wins in overall performance, and has better
resolution 2400X1200 the Epson still wins the color photo contest.The Epson
also has a cheaper price and a good rebate which makes it a very attractive
choice for my needs.

I have read comments about Epson InkJets on the list regarding clogged
print heads that are permanently attached and problematic. It is my
understanding that this was a problem with older models and Epson has
resolved a lot of this. Is this in fact the case ? Can some one with hands
on knowledge explain this issue to me. Is there a way to clean the heads if
they become clogged. Do they dry up easily ? Is this one of those printers
that the more you use them the better they work ? Are their other issues,
like print alignment with the Epson.

I understand that cartridges are not refillable which is all right for me
since I don't use my color InkJet that often. How much ink do the
cartridges hold and how long do they last compared to a HP. Are they around
the same cost a a HP? I have a Espon Action Laser that has been very good
to me but the one bad thing is the cost of the cartridges. They last 5 to
6000 pages and I have only had to replace it once but it costs 160 dollars
to get a new one. Do the InkJets have expensive cartridges ? How many
cartridges are there in a Epson ...2? Are there other Epson issues I need
to be aware of ?

thanks

Mark Rode
The NoSpin Group

I am looking for a good color printer that is capable of printing
 > out photo quality prints on glossy paper ... something my 820 could not do
 > even though it was advertised as being able to do. This time I do not want
 > to buy in the high end
 >
 > I really was not happy with my HP and would rather buy an Epson or a
 > Lenmark in the 150 dollar range unless there is a compelling reason not
 > too. Speed isn't important and it will just be for occasional personal use
 > when I want to print in color so heavy duty durability isn't an issue.
 > However I do want quality output and reliability. I would prefer something
 > that isn't going to dry up if it isn't used constantly...

 > Am I asking for too much for too little money ? Advise, comments and
 > recommendations appreciated..

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html