Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 19:54:05 -0700
I have an Adaptec 2940UW, and along the lines of the SCSI thread of a few
days ago, I have a question concerning cabling. I would like to know if the
controller card has to be the first device, that is on the END of the cable.
I am running from the controller (50 pin) to one internal device then to an
internal to external adapter (as David G. spoke of) out to a jaz drive. The
cable isn't long enough if I put the controller on the end. So I wanted to
put the second connector on the card, one end on the adapter then run the
long length to the internal device. Four connectors total on cable. Is this
OK? Thanks.
Brad Loomis