Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:49:51 +1200
This is just off the top of my head as I don't know the exact hardware, but you could try this:  Take off the heatsink and remove the heatpaste that (I assume) came with it.  Remove all of the paste from the CPU.  Then apply some other, quality heatpaste, like Arctic Silver, thinly.

Reassemble and try again.  It may be that the board has thermal protection in the BIOS and the processor is heating up and cutting out.  This happened to me often with Gigabyte boards and AMD processors, until AMD revised the type of heat paste they use.  The original stuff acted as more of a barrier than a conductor, until it had been heated up and thinned out, which of course couldn't happen as the machine wouldn't start.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand