From:
gerry_lowry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:45:13 -0400
If your PC which I am guessing is a laptop shut down because it was below its keep running threshold,
then when it comes back on, it will still need charging and you'll get this message.  Even if it was recharged
in the off state, you might still get the same message because some warning flag was turned on as your
PC was in the process of shutting down.  The older the laptop battery, the more likely this is to occur.

The quarter size battery that you mention sounds like the one on your mother board.  It's not
likely that battery.  AFAIK, it's used to preserve certain BIOS settings.  You do not mention
the make/model you computer.  That would be useful to know when answering questions like this one.

regards,
gerry

vegan gerry lowry
wasaga beach ontario canada