From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 15:20:44 -0500
Actually, loading 2 virus programs may cause other problems. Most virus
programs do not like other ones running at the same time. They may give
false alerts.

That aside, my McAfee does not take up enough resources to warrant not
staying protected (4%-4%-1%). It only will take getting one bad virus to
convince you.
The problem with checking for virus only when a floppy is inserted or an
unknown executable and/or doc (virus can attach themselves to more than just
*.exe files) file is opened is remembering to do so and if you only do it
infrequently...even more chance to forget. And like the dreaded human virus,
it can only take one unprotected act to catch it. (It used to be "it only
may take once to get pregnant, but that usually does not kill...but I have a
good friend that this happened to...thank God it was pregnant and not the
other. Likewise with the puter.)

Like I have said, with my normal loaded programs, I am at 55%-55%--76%
resources and find no problems running any addtional programs. The only time
I run into resource problems is when browser the web with mutltiple windows
and because of memory leaks, my resource will eventually die.
Closing~all~MSIE windows will return me back to the original state of
resources minus about 10% for each time this has occurred. So usually after
such a situation, I reboot.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 /800-816-0663