From:
Drew Zinder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 04:30:47 +0000
I recently formated my computer, as there were several fundamental problems
that i was having with its operation. I had a backup of all of my files, so
this seemed to be an easy solution. Typically, this would involve inserting
my Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and following the on-screen
instructions, but one of the problems that I had been having was that my CD
drive would not read anything placed within. I eventually created a bootdisk
and formated my computer through DOS, and then attempted to reinstall
Windows XP from there, but my CD drive still will not read the Windows XP
disk. When I attempt to install Windows from DOS, i recieve the error
message "CDR101: Not ready reading Drive R" with the options "Abort, Retry,
Fail?" included. The physical component of the computer tower has not been
altered between the time that the CD drive was working and the time at which
it stopped, and so I thought that it was a software problem caused by a
virus. Is this true or do i need to purchase another CD drive? And, if I can
fix it myself, what steps beed to be taken for me to do so? Thank you in
advance.

Sincerely,

Drew Zinder

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: