From:
Vince Teachout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 08:42:24 -0400
At 09:01 PM 5/11/2005 -0700, amanda jones wrote:

 >My D drive is acting strange. I am unable to view photos on a disk, and have
 >had to turn off the computer just to get the disks out of the drive. it just
 >isnt responding at all now. My husband is in Iraq and I need these photos
 >asap for my daughter's talent show--it includes a slideshow of her dad in
 >Iraq. Please reply asap. I am in DIRE NEED!

You didn't say so, but I'm guessing you're referring to a CD drive?  If so,
there SHOULD be an emergency release hole.   Look for a small hole, about
the size of  a pin shaft, on the front of the unit.  On my drives, one is
near the eject button, and on the other drive, it's in the middle of the
unit face,  so look around.  Take a paper clip, straighten it, and push it
through the hole.  It will press the release lever, which should open the
drive just enough for you to pull it out.  Good luck.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml