From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 10:21:16 -0400
Kathy,

Check to make sure the startup disk works on the machine you made it on. If
it does, then go into the BIOS setup on your A7V and make sure the boot
sequence has 3.5 floppy being the first boot device. It might be set to hard
drive and thus bypassing your floppy drive.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

> I am building a computer, ASUS A7V mobo, 256 ram, Western Digital 30 gig
hd, 900 mhz.  I fdisked and formated the hd.  Went to a Win98se machine and
created a windows start up disk but it still will not boot- says non system
disk.  Tried a differet disk, check the floppy cable, everything is working.
A friend told me to "sys" the HD.  How do I do this if I can't get it to an
A:\?  I need to know what files make up the "system files".