From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 21:22:03 -0700
I have never seen "It's now safe...." and had a computer auto shutdown after
that. Look in your BIOS under power management to check whether it is
enabled.  Check the mobo user's manual for the correct setting for auto
shutdown.  It would also help to know which OS you are running.

That message usually precedes the computer shutting off automatically. Are
you waiting a moment or two to see if it will shut down on its own after the
message has flashed?

I can't speak for anyone else but I sometimes get the message and sometimes
I don't but the system does always shut down on its own whether or not I get
it.