From:
Holli Van Nest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 16:20:34 -0500
Hi folks,

I need to buy a printer for each of our summer camps.  We've received
donated 486 computers running Windows 3.1 that the printers will be
attached to.  Each of the printers will get used, at a maximum,
three months out of the year.  They will mostly be used for word
processing and some spreadsheet work.  At the camps, they will be in
buildings with windows, but not weather sealed buildings, so there's
a lot of potential for dampness and dust in the air.  Then they'll be
put away for the rest of the year until next summer.

I'd like to spend the least amount of money possible, yet get a good
quality printer that isn't going to require much of my time to
maintain (each of the camps is at least two hours away from my
office) and that will last for a few seasons.  I'd appreciate any
suggestions you have on what printer to buy and how to prevent
any problems associated with the dampness and dust.

Thanks!

Holli

*********
Holli Van Nest