Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 02:38:17 -0600
Laura, xcopy was not the correct tool for that job. Not only have you copied
your win98 and programs and data, you've also copied the setup and drivers for
your old computer hardware. That hardware info can be removed but the better
thing to do is to format and fdisk the new drive and install win98 clean and
then your programs and then move your data to it.

Here's what I would do:
Get your original hard drive working properly in your old computer. Install
the new drive in the old computer as a slave to the old drive. Format and
fdisk as necessary.
Install the new drive into the new computer and install win98 via the cd-rom
and have the new computer's driver CDs ready. Follow any instructions that
came with the new computer.
Now install programs.
If you need data from the old computer's hard drive, you can transfer via floppy
disks or lap link cable-- or if you have lots of stuff to copy, you can install
the old drive as a slave.
Larry Hooper

Laura Wilson wrote:

> I bought a new computer (633mhz, celeron) to replace my extremely outdated 133mhz pentium, but it has no OS.  I thought an xcopy was my answer.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com