From:
Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 14:47:02 -0500
I no longer seem to have sound for most of the things which I did have

sound.  I do have the volume control in my system tray and it appears to
be working properly.  When I set the speaker volume it makes a noise to
indicate that it has been reset.  I can hear my modem dialing.  However,
I no longer have any sound with anything that I play in Windows Media
Player and, if I go to a web site which has a sound file, I can no
longer hear it.

I'm not sure that I know enough about this to ask for help.  I seldom
listen to CDs on my computer and I don't download and play or burn music
to a CD.  I believe that I lost the sound capability when Windows Update
updated Windows Media Player but I can find nowhere to make any changes
to Windows Media Player.

Could it be that I'm missing the "codex" or whatever it's called
necessary to play sounds?

I have WinXP home SR2, Dell Dimension L800r computer, 160 gig HD, 512
megs ram.

Thanks for any help...

Loy

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads