From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 23:19:18 -0700
Socket 7 Intel 233MMX

         Voltage = Core 2.8V
                       IO 3.3V

         External BUSS =  66MHz
         FREQUENCY  =  3.5

One anomaly of the 233 is that if your board doesn't have frequency
settings of 3.5 you can set it at 1.5 and it will internally set itself to
run at 3.5

If you run the CPU at the wrong voltage you could damage or even destroy
the chip. Depends on what voltage you run it at for how long. Some
motherboards ...like ABIT ...allow you to view and adjust the voltage
settings in the BIOS but this is rare. Most boards require a jumper
settings to adjust voltage, clock and frequency settings.

>I just upgraded one of my motherboards and the documentation was poor in the
>way it described the jumper setting for the voltage of this cpu.  I'm not
>sure if it's running at the correct voltage setting.  The programs I ran
>today were slow and quirky (library database over an NT4 network) and I'm
>wondering if the wrong voltage setting could cause this.  Can I damage teh
>CPU by not running it at the correct voltage?  Is there a way to view the
>voltage settiing other thru software?  thanks for any suggestions or
>comments.
>
>Chuck Finnigan

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>