From:
Jeff Long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:00:28 -0500
The monitor on one of my computers changes colors sporadically to a "jaundiced yellow" with horizontal black lines.  The computer has recently taken "longer than usual" to boot up and to shut down.  At start-up there are around 22 processes running.

OS is W2K Pro SP4 with all security updates.  I built this computer 4 yrs ago.  Hardware is an Asus P4PE, 512mb Kingston RAM, 80gb WD HD, NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 display adaptor and a Liquidvideo A150X1 monitor.

I've checked all external connections but no internal connections.

Any thoughts as to the cause?  I noticed Staples had 19" flat panel monitors for around $189 in the Sunday paper, so if the monitor is going out, this would be an opportunity to move up to a larger screen.

Thanks for all input.

Jeff Long

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml