From:
"Rand M. Blunck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 12:03:52 -0700
Al,

If you want to boot from your c: drive, you must have an active primary DOS
partition for the OS.

If your CDROM and DVD drive are new enough (which they probably are) to
support DMA, you do want to turn it on.  This allows the drives to work
directly with memory without the CPU managing the transfer of each bit.
This is important for uninterrupted sound in games/audio CS's and in playing
DVD videos.

Rand Blunck
Why Not Try Computing
Glendale, AZ

> 1.) I assume the master drive MUST have an active, primary dos partition -
is that correct?
> 2.) Should my cdrom and dvd drives be given DMA in device manager?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml