From:
David Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2010 18:42:49 -0500
How old is the machine?

Download this memory tester http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Personal Computer Hardware discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ralph Hunter
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2010 11:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCBUILD] laptop won't boot no screen

I have an Inspiron e1705 Dell.  I get a light indicating I have power to it
but nothing else happens. I looked at the Dell support and it said if the
first light(9) stays lit and the other two flash, I have a memory problem. I
then went thru their procedures checking the power pack connection, and took
out each memory chip one at a time and trying it and then reversing them and
trying it. Nothing works. I downloaded the windows xp set up disk from them
but when I put it into the cd place it lights up but nothing happens and the
light goes out. I am stuck because I cannot re-install the system and have
no screen.  I don't think both memory chips would be broken at the same
time. What can I do now.
Ralph

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads