From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:57:15 -0500
Hi Peggy and list--
----- Original Message -----
From: <[log in to unmask]>

> Trying to boot a Windows95 system with no luck. I have loaded the CD and
> have made 2 boot disks from your site. No luck. I get the following
> message with
> no A: prompt: Invalid system disk. Replace the disk, and then press any
> key.

This seems to indicate to me that your BIOS is set
up to boot from the Hard disk first. If your BIOS
does not properly recognize your hard disk, you
will get the "Invalid System Disk" message, and
the machine will go no further. To investigate this,
use whatever keystroke(s) your BIOS specifies to
enter SETUP. Sometimes (Award, among others)
this is the Delete key, others use the F1 key or
F10, and there are others. On one of the menus that
will subsequently appear, look for Primary Master,
Primary Slave, etc., and, if auto is an available choice,
make sure they are all set to auto. If it is not, you
may have to open your case and examine the label
on your hard disk to locate the number of cylinders,
heads, etc. that your computer setup needs to recognize
the hard disk. Once these figures are correctly entered
by whatever means,  you should be able to boot to
the floppy. (The Windows 95 CD was not a bootable
CD, if my memory serves.)

HTH,

Good luck,

Paul A. Shippert
Utilitarian
Margaret Brent Middle School
"All what we've got here's American-made.
It's a little bit cheesy,
but it's nicely displayed." Frank Zappa

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml